Whatever your enquiry, find out who you need to speak to and how to get in touch.
Call us on 0333 241 4000 (020 7942 4000).
For suggestions and feedback fill in the form below, email us at email@example.com, or write to us:
Visitor Experience Manager
You need to pre-book your educational group visit, even if you don’t intend to take part in any of our events or activities.
If you have an issue with a product or an order that you are trying to place online or even just a general query, please contact us—we would love to hear from you.
We do not answer general questions on the history of science, technology and medicine, but we have these resources to help you.
- Science Museum Group Collection Online: Explore 230,000 objects from the collections of the Science Museum, the National Science and Media Museum, the Science and Industry Museum, and the National Railway Museum.
- Science Museum Library: Contact the library to arrange a research visit.
- Science and Society Picture Library: SSPL represents over a million images from the Science Museum, the National Science and Media Museum and the National Railway Museum.
- Making the Modern World online focuses on the history of technology since 1750. It is useful for subject enquiries.
- Ingenious is useful to answer specific questions about objects or subjects.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to offer something to the Museum, please contact the Museum in writing or by telephone before bringing in your objects. Please do contact us in advance to avoid disappointment.
Our acquisition policy is quite strict so we cannot guarantee being able to accept your donation. It could be that your object is simply too big or that it is of a type that we do not collect (but another museum might). Our staff will be able to advise you in this case. We also cannot give the valuation of any object.
It may be that your object would be useful for work with education groups, in which case—with your permission—it would not be accessioned but would form part of our valued ‘handling’ collection.
Please do note, however, that:
- The Museum does not normally accept material on long-term loan.
- Material is not accepted with specific conditions attached.
- Unless there are compelling and legitimate reasons, hazardous objects and substances will not be accepted under any circumstances (e.g. firearms, objects containing asbestos, explosive, flammable, poisonous, potentially carcinogenic or radioactive material).
Write to the Enquiries Co-ordinator at:
Or email: email@example.com
Do you have an exhibition idea you would like us to consider? Simply fill in a proposal form on the Science Museum Group website.
How we handle your feedback
Your feedback is very important to us and helps us to improve our services and experiences for all our visitors.
We aim to reply within 10 working days of receipt of your feedback. If for any reason it is not possible to reply within that timeframe, we will keep you informed.